mdoc is a suite of tools much like svn or git which provides a consistent front-end to the existing Monodoc related applications.
For .NET users who wish to use mdoc without installing Mono (e.g. to bundle mdoc specifically with a larger project), you can download from the latest release from github, or otherwise clone and build the source yourself: https://github.com/mono/api-doc-tools/
The following are links to the mdoc man pages:
- mdoc(1): Front-end to all other mdoc commands. mdoc assemble is equivalent to mdoc-assemble.
- mdoc-assemble(1): Assembles a directory of mdoc(5)-formated XML documentation into a .zip file for display in monodoc.
- Equivalent to Assembler.
- mdoc-export-html(1): Exports mdoc(5) documentation into a set of static HTML files.
- Equivalent to monodocs2html
- mdoc-export-msxdoc(1): Exports mdoc(5) documentation into a single Microsoft XML documentation file for use with Visual Studio and other documentation systems.
- mdoc-update(1): Updates existing mdoc(5) documentation to reflect changes within a set of assemblies.
- Equivalent to monodocer.
- mdoc-validate(1): Validates the mdoc(5) XML against the mdoc(5) schema.
- Equivalent to mdvalidater.