Mono Runtime Documentation
Mono Runtime Developer Documentation
This page currently contains links to the wiki-fied version of the runtime documentation, the original versions are available from GIT. Hopefully it will become more organized in the future.
- Thread safety/Synchronization
- Memory management
- Ahead of Time Compilation (AOT)
- Exception handling
- Register allocation in the JIT
- JIT Intermediate Representation
- Generic Sharing
- Generic sharing for valuetypes
- Porting the Engine
- Soft Debugger
- LLVM Backend
- GDB Debugging Support (XDEBUG)
- Atomics and Memory Model
- Other topics
The following describe guidelines for specific areas of the runtime
The following describe how to handle cooperative thread suspension within the runtime
Additionally, Jambunathan K has a very interesting blog that talks about Mono Runtime Notes.
For information on project planning see Runtime_Projects.
For runtime hacking see Runtime Hacking.