These docs cover Mono specific topics, like setting up and configuring Mono or information about Mono internals such as the runtime, garbage collector or various Mono-specific tools.
For general information about the .NET framework and the class libraries you can refer to Microsoft’s MSDN pages.
Our documentation is open source on GitHub. If you find errors or think a page could be improved, just click the “Edit page on GitHub” link beneath the page title. See contributing to the website for more details.
- Install Mono on Mac OS X, Linux or Windows
- Mono Basics
- Development Environments
- Application Portability and Application Deployment
- Supported Platforms
- Compatibility and Class Status
- Releases and Versioning
- History, Concerns about Mono
- Roadmap and Plans
- Showcase: Screenshots, Software, Companies using Mono, Mono Logos
- Overview, with instructions for compiling on OS X, Linux and Windows
- Compiling from Git and Compiling from Tarball
- Advanced compile options
- Unsupported advanced compile options
- Parallel Mono environments
- Small footprint
Debug and Profile
- Porting ASP.NET applications
- Using client certificates with XSP