Release Notes Mono 2.0.1
Table of contents
Mono 2.0.1 Release Notes
Mono 2.0.1 is a portable and open source implementation of the .NET framework for Unix, Windows, MacOS and other operating systems.
Release Date: October 23rd, 2008
Mono 2.0.1 is a bug fix release for 2.0.
Changes Since 2.0
These are the major changes that happened since the 2.0 release of Mono.
All of the changes since 1.2 are documented in the following release notes:
GTK# was updated to 2.12.5 on the Mono VMware image, openSUSE 11.0 and Mac OS X.
Here’s what’s new:
- Bug 400595 - Crashes when the window delete event is added after the creation of the window
- Bug 426876 - Classes “*Adapter” should throw ArgumentNullException for their (*Implementor) constructor
- Atk API cleanup
- Win32 installer build integration
Here are the bugs that were fixed for 2.0.1:
- Bug 426309 - Crash with microsoft-compiled binary
- Bug 431304 - reverse invoke via COM when marshaling a BSTR by ref retval fails to convert MonoString to native string.
- Bug 433908 - Problem with Npsql and pooling
- Bug 431811 - Process.HasExited does not work on Mono 2.0 runtime
- Bug 434620 - Structure Corruption
- Bug 428406 - InvalidCastException when casting multi-dimensional jagged arrays
- Bug 434544 - JIT / Runtime corruption
- Bug 432673 - Invalid IL code in ctor ()
- Bug 426264 - Function return inconsistent ulong value, which has dummy parameter of a Class and a ulong
- Bug 430963 - Optimization - Don’t allocate 32kb buffer in CachedRawResponse that is never used
- Bug 430040 - TcpClient breaks after 1000 consecutive connections
- Bug 435549 - Memory leak with Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.Public);
- Bug 432466 - NPIV screens in an NVP deployment cannot assume presence of ZOS
- Bug 433741 - PATCH for OdbcDataReader.GetBytes()
- Bug 416462 - Remoting takes an inordinate amount of time when passing 4KB or 8KB strings
- Bug 437691 - System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type. at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.AttachEvents (System.Web.HttpApplication app)
- Bug 437289 - with EnableSessionState=”False” access to Context.ApplicationInstance.Session; should throw an exception
Other bug fixes without bug numbers:
- Fixed a deadlock in the runtime assembly loading code.
- Added a workaround against an amd64 shutdown crash.
- Fixed an issue with finalizers not being called which was a regression from 1.9.x.
- Added a workaround for parent processes which disable some real time signals needed by the runtime .
Installing Mono 2.0.1
Binary Packages and Source Code Downloads:
Source code and pre-compiled packages for Linux, Solaris, MacOS X and Windows is available from our web site from the Downloads section.
Quick source code installation:
If we have no packages for your platform, installing from source code is very simple.
Compile libgdiplus to support System.Drawing:
$ tar xzf libgdiplus-2.0.tar.gz $ cd libgdiplus-2.0 $ ./configure $ make $ make install
Then compile Mono itself:
$ tar xzf mono-2.0.1.tar.gz $ cd mono-2.0.1 $ ./configure $ make $ make install
These are the git commiters to the Mono 2.0.1 release: