This page is likely outdated (last edited on 25 Aug 2011). Visit the new documentation for updated content.
Table of contents
Mooonlight 2 Final
- Silverlight 2 compatible engine.
- Deep Zoom
- Control framework
- Layout framework.
- Microsoft Media Pack 2.0 for playing video and audio.
- Includes Mono for executing code (C# and DLR-based languages).
- Runs the Silverlight 2.0 MS-PL controls and 2.0 based applications.
|Alpha||May 4, 2009|
|Beta||August 17, 2009|
|Final||December 17, 2009|
Mooonlight 3 Pre-Alpha
- Silverlight 3 compatible engine.
- 3D graphics
- Pixel shaders
- Application library caching
- Out-of-browser capabilities and offline support
- Pluggable media pipeline to support 3rd party codecs
- HD Smooth Streaming
- Native support for MPEG-4-based H.264/AAC Audio
Most feature implemented, but will ship in Moonlight 4
Mooonlight 4 Planning
- Silverlight 4 compatible engine.
- Webcam and microphone support
- Trusted applications can read/write to users’ documents directories
- Improved localization, including right-to-left and bi-directional text
- Desktop notifications (“toast”)
- Render HTML on Moonlight surfaces
- WCF RIA Services
Mooonlight 1.0 Final
This will be the first Moonlight release that uses Microsoft’s Media Pack 1.0 for playing back video and audio.
- Silverlight 1.0 compatible engine.
- C/C++ based, no managed code.
- Distribution: Linux/x86 and Linux/x86-64.
- Source code releases for any other operating systems
|Beta||December 2, 2008|
|Final||February 9, 2009|