Tools and Tips for Building & Testing Visual Studio.NET Projects with Mono.
Are you looking for Debugging_Tips_for_Windows?
Warning: VSPrj2Make# is unmaintained and only supports VS2003 style solutions. If you wish to generate makefiles from VS2005 or VS2008 solutions, you should use the generation capability provided in MonoDevelop.
Once you have Mono installed in your system, you will want to install the VSPrj2Make# package to complement your Visual Studio environment. VSPrj2Make is available from its project page.
A screencast on how to install it is available here.
VSPrj2Make provides an add-in to Visual Studio that offers a number of features:
- Create Makefiles (both Microsoft's NMake and Unix Make).
- Create distribution units (packages your source code for building elsewhere).
- Test your code from Visual Studio with Mono (Winforms, Gtk# and WebForms and WebServices).
This is available from the tools menu in Visual Studio:
- Visual Studio: Test in Mono to Run a Windows Form Application.
- Visual Studio: Test in Mono to Run an ASP.NET application.