Linux Binary Installation
There are a couple of ways to install Mono, depending on your expertise:
- From individual RPM packages in our Downloads page.
- Using the Linux installer (from our Downloads page.
- Using ZENworks (formerly Red Carpet)
- Fedora Core users: using yum
- From source code Downloads
To Run Mono Applications: If you want to run simple .NET applications, install the packages "mono" and "libgdiplus".
To Run GNOME Applications that use Mono: If you want to run GNOME applications that take advantage of .NET technologies, install the gtk-sharp package.
To Develop Mono Applications: install the MonoDevelop package which will pull in all the required dependencies.
To run ASP.NET Applications: install the XSP server and its dependencies.
Visit this page to download the Mono installer. Run it and follow the instructions it supplies.