We encourage developers to use our software and help us make it a stable, feature complete and reliable system. In order to achieve that goal, we ask you to report bugs as you find them.
|Visual Basic.NET Compiler|
|Base Class Libraries|
|System.Web (ASP.NET WebForms)|
|Windows Communication Foundation|
|Mono Tools for Visual Studio|
|Run in Mono|
|Debug in Mono|
|SuSE Studio Integration|
|Visual Studio Integration|
How to make a good bug report
- Submit a test case, the smaller, the better. You can do this by clicking on the "Create a new attachment" link. When attaching a file, please set the correct MIME type from the list. For source code, "Plain text" is ok. For tar.gz or .gz files, you can enter "application/x-gzip" in the "Other" text box.
- Run the test against Microsofts .Net to see what it does and if this is an actual bug.
- Use bugzilla.xamarin.com to report the bug. In addition to bugzilla, posting to the list is fine if the bug merits larger exposure or design discussions to solve; posting to the list twice or more is just a way to annoy people and make them waste time, especially when you start a new thread about it.
- If the test involves libraries or assemblies that are not part of mono, add infomation on where to download all dependencies, and how to compile/install them.
- If compiling the test case requires more than: mcs test.cs provide the full command line you used to compile the test.
- If running the test requires more than: mono test.exe provide the full command line needed to replicate the bug.
- Provide info about the version of the software you're using (both mono and the operating system or relevant libraries).
- Provide the output you expect the test case to produce.
- Provide the actual output you get from the test case.
- If you are new to bug reporting, understand how you should set "priority" for your report. People tend to set CRITICAL or BLOCKER where they should not. Please keep in mind: no matter how important the bug is for you, it is nothing to do with the importance of the bug itself.
- Do not expect us to debug your software. We can not debug every application that is submitted to us, to improve the response time, you should create a self-contained test case that isolates the problem.
Please include at least 6 items from the list in your bug report. Incomplete bug reports are very hard to understand, reproduce and fix.